S-Corp or C-Corp? What's the Difference?

When you first form your corporation, it comes into existence as a C Corporation.  If you do nothing more, your corporation will remain a C Corporation.   A C Corporation becomes an S Corporation only when special tax treatment is sought by filing Form 2553 with the IRS. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f2553.pdf Although a small business lawyer can… Read More »